Tips & Advice
- 07 July 2012
- by Tiffani Denis
1. Justin Bieber: Through his organization “BELIEVE Charity Drive” he helps others raise money for other charities and for wish granting. He makes his visits by granting the wishing of children through the Make a Wish Foundation. The funds from his sales of fragrances also go towards his organization.
2. Miley Cyrus: With the small percentage of people who give blood. As a Red Cross Ambassador, Miley believes more people should step up and donate, or to at least help out in the blood drives. She encourages everyone, especially around World Blood Donor Day to donate, which is annually every June.
3. Demi Lovato: When the devastating tornado that struck Arkansas occurred, Demi and her family were very demisted. She proactively began her volunteerism with the American Red Cross with her support through the disaster relief via text message “Text 2 Help” campaign.
4. Nick Jonas: Back in his hometown in Texas, Nick volunteers his time to a Texas food bank that is part of Feeding America. Along with other teens, time is pent packing foods for children snacks.
5. Ashley Tisdale: Building houses, by adding little details to the windows, gardens, or maybe even building a fence. Ashley likes to help out for the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition that helps out families by constructing them a new home in 7 days, but with the help of their volunteers.
6. Zac Efron: As part of the “Stand Up To Cancer” foundation, the purpose to raise awareness of the problem and odds that can effect anyone or their loved ones. Also to raise funds for innovative cancer research through television fundraisers which is participated by Zac.
7. Miranda Cosgrove: As part of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Miranda goes to meet with lots of teenagers and kids. Sometimes she allows children to visit her on set when she cannot find the time to visit them, and act as if they are filming an episode.
8. Dakota Fanning: For the past few years, Dakota has volunteered her time at the Mattel Children’s Hospital at UCLA in the Child Life Program. She helps children ease their stay at the hospital so they can feel much more at home while they are getting treated.
9. Selena Gomez: As part a several organizations, Selena is the youngest UNICEF Ambassador ever in the United States. With lifesaving assistance, her goal is to make sure no children die from preventable causes. She also travels to other countries on behalf of UNICEF to work on other philanthropic activities.
10. Heather Braverman: Suffering herself from food allergies, she educates other children the severity of fool allergies by talking to restaurants, teachers, friends, family and others so that everyone has a better understanding.
So with a little motivation and guidance, what is stopping you now? Get up and volunteer!