- 18 December 2014
- by Leon Logothetis
The #KindnessChallenge is a global movement to inspire kindness. Ultimately, I want us all to work together to make the world a better place. The goal is to get as many people as possible—preferably everyone with internet access!—to perform a random act of kindness and share it on social media. That means Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest… you get the idea.
Best of all, there are no limitations to what constitutes an act of kindness. It really can be anything!
Well, maybe not anything. I trust you to use some common sense. But if you’re having trouble thinking up some acts of kindness you would like to perform, here are some ideas to get you started:
- •Leave a big tip for a waiter/waitress
- •Give a homeless person a meal
- •Bring candy for your co workers
- •Pay for the meal/drink of the person behind you
- •Wash your friend’s car
- •Bake a cake for someone
- •Call your mom and tell her how much you love her
- •Buy a lottery ticket for someone you don’t know
- •Walk your friend’s dog
- •Put coins in someone’s expired parking meter
- •Write a handwritten thank you card, thanking them for being a good friend
- •Let someone cut in front of you in line
- •Treat a friend to the movies
See, a random act of kindness can be of any size. And it doesn’t have to involve money. It just has to involve a little bit of heart. Can’t wait to see your random acts of kindness for #KindnessChallenge!
For every act of kindness shared, I will donate $1 to charity! The charity will be chosen by you, and you can go to the #KindnessChallenge page to vote now. The more acts of kindness we can create together, the happier we’ll all be!
I’m really excited that VolunTEEN Nation has partnered with me for this project, and I hope you join us in making the world a kinder place to be.
Leon Logothetis is a TV host, producer, author, traveler and all around good guy. He is the host of The Amazing Adventures of A Nobody and author of a book by the same name. He has appeared on Good Morning America, CNN, FOX, and BBC, among other mainstream media outlets. He currently lives in Los Angeles. His new book The Kindness Diaries is out this month. www.leonlogothetis.com